ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to remove some old code (region, taglib, jpublish classes)
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 08:42:15 GMT
+1 for Attic

Jacques

Le 03/09/2014 09:44, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
> Ok, thank you for the feedback, I have completed the cleanup now.
>
> What about DataVision? The code that we have for it has not been updated for years, and
the last DataVision release dates back to 2008 but the version we have is even older.
> And what about Velocity? The version we have (1.6.1) was released in 2008 and the last
release of Velocity (1.7) is also rather old (2010).

> I think we should remove this as well. In the remote possibility that someone will be
interested in them in the future it will be easy to resurrect them from the Attic and upgrade
them to the latest release... but since they have been ignored for years by the OFBiz community
I doubt this will happen.

> Jacopo
>

> On Sep 2, 2014, at 11:10 AM, Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappellato@hotwaxmedia.com>
wrote:

>> What about removing (and documenting the removal in the "attic" page) the following
old and unused classes?

>> * all the org.ofbiz.webapp.taglib.* classes (except org.ofbiz.webapp.taglib.ContentUrlTag
that is currently still used) and related artifacts