ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Rupert Howell <ruperthow...@provolve.com>
Subject Re: Birthday's Change
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 08:27:57 GMT
My birth date is my birth date wherever I am in the world - it is not
relative. My passport doesn't change as I travel through Timezones. Yet if
I view my passport information is OFBiz it will change,
Dates need to be viewed as dates and be totally independent of timezones. I
cannot think of a single reason why you would want to be specific with
dates. If you do want to be specific and have them change as to where you
view them from - you'd just use Timestamps.