ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Bates <mike.ba...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: The future of OFBiz - Open Discussion
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 06:43:04 GMT
Paul,

I understand your concerns, and I’m sorry you feel that you are somehow excluded based on
anything other than merit. That must be a frustrating feeling.

The fact is, there is no history of HWM affiliation increasing the likelihood of PMC membership.
Indeed 4 of the 6 individuals you mentioned were PMC members prior to their affiliation with
HWM, and a 5th was at least a committer prior to his affiliation with HWM. Hopefully that
will help you accept that the PMC is indeed merit-driven, and has been formed and maintained
in accordance with the relevant ASF policies.

At HotWax Media we will continue to do our best to make sure that OFBiz is a healthy project
with a supportive community. We don't always do that perfectly, of course, but we try. In
that spirit, I'll bow out of this conversation with you now Paul, because I don't see any
more value in it. You are on the wrong path, and I don't want to encourage you any more than
I already have. Here's hoping you will focus your energy on something other than the HotWax
Conspiracy going forward.

If we can find a productive way to collaborate on improving OFBiz, let's do it!

Best regards,

Mike

--
Mike Bates