ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: SlimDown, convert mini-lang CRUD service to entity-auto
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 05:51:59 GMT
HI Nicolas,

Since we did not get any feedback I suggest to
* add missing created fields on ValueLinkKey
* take into account lastUpdate fields in ShipmentRouteSegment as a field to handle in entity-auto
as the same purpose (easier than
migrating IMO)
* add lastModified fields on QuoteAdjustment, OrderAdjustment, ReturnAdjustment and OrderPaymentPreference

Why did you suggest to
>  * remove all fields created/lastModified from entities definition and use an attribute
on entity tag as like '<entity
> name="QuoteAdjustment" auto-created-last-modified="true">
? This would be a major disruptment and I don't get the reason for it

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Nicolas Malin" <malin.nicolas@librenberry.net>
> Hi,
>
> With Jacques, we checked ofbiz data model to sure that all case would be manage by entity-auto
for fields
> [created/lastModified]Date and [created/lastModified]ByUserLogin present on some entities.
>
> We found :
>   * QuoteAdjustment, OrderAdjustment, ReturnAdjustment and OrderPaymentPreference with
only created fields but isn't a problem.
>   * ValueLinkKey have only lastModified fields (missing created)
>   * ShipmentRouteSegment don't use lastModifiedDate, lastModifiedByUserLogin but lastUpdateDate,
updateByUserLogin.

> We have many solution :
>  * keep entities like that
>  * add just missing created fields on ValueLinkKey
>  * migrate lastUpdate fields to lastModified on ShipmentRouteSegment
>  * adding lastModified fields on QuoteAdjustment, OrderAdjustment, ReturnAdjustment and
OrderPaymentPreference
>  * remove all fields created/lastModified from entities definition and use an attribute
on entity tag as like '<entity
> name="QuoteAdjustment" auto-created-last-modified="true">
>
> Your opinions ?
>
>> Le 09/08/2012 08:48, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>>> From: "Adrian Crum" <adrian.crum@sandglass-software.com>
they always have the same initialisation.

>>> +1, well spotted Nicolas, we must be sure to not miss any fields like this. Could
there be other cases with incrementation or
>>> such?
>> Other case will be found during the migration :) .
>>

>>> What was the pb when only error label? I think we can migrate them keeping the
error messages, right? Or should we get rid of
>>> them
>>> and have something generalised? Or should we add error message to such migrated
services? Just thinking aloud here, not really
>>> awake
>>> yet ;o)
>> :) I check if is possible to manage error message en entity-auto. Pending, I will
open a jira isssue to load my patch on the last