ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Heath <doo...@brainfood.com>
Subject Re: Discussion: BuildBot component independence check
Date Sat, 02 Jan 2010 09:41:59 GMT
Bruno Busco wrote:
> The script should be able to delete some directories and to apply some
> SVN patches (tipically to change component-load.xml and build.xml
> files).

Actually, that's not the best approach.  It would be better to modify
the build.xml and java classes to be more extensible, and not
hard-code things into framework/base/config/ofbiz-components.xml, that
reference hard-coded classes located in other components.(for example).

I'd love to be able to drop a component-into hot-deploy, and have a
new container automatically started.  This would make switching
between jetty and catalina simpler, and would allow for an asterisk
component(which requires constantly running code).