ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Bilgin Ibryam <bibr...@iguanait.com>
Subject Re: Discussion: Recurrence Rules - Part 2
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 09:44:31 GMT
On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 11:44 -0700, Adrian Crum wrote:
> More thoughts on recurrence rules...
>
> 1. I can't determine the purpose of the following fields:
>
> RecurrenceRule.bySetPosList
No idea

> RecurrenceRule.weekStart
Could be used to determine the Week start day, but after adding localization probably will
be redundant.

> RecurrenceRule.xName
No idea

What about adding a new description field to RecurrenceInfo (and may be
to RecurrenceRule)? This field will be useful when searching/choosing a
recurrence from recurrence lookup screen. I got this idea while creating
the lookup screen for recurrence...

> They don't seem to be used anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> 2. The RecurrenceInfo.recurrenceDateTimes and
> RecurrenceInfo.exceptionDateTimes fields should not be used. They seem
> to duplicate the information found in RecurrenceRule and there is no way
> of knowing what the field contents mean. For example: what time zone is
> the date/time referencing? The server's or the user's? What calendar
> does the field represent?
>
> I'd like to deprecate those two fields.

+1

> 3. I'm thinking there might be a need to add a recurrenceTimeZone field
> to RecurrenceInfo. The work I'm doing right now enables you to specify a
> time zone at run time (the user's time zone for example), and if you
> don't specify one then the server's time zone is used. I'm wondering if
> there would be a need to set up a recurrence referenced to a certain
> time zone.

+1

Bilgin