ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From "Marek Mosiewicz" <marek.mosiew...@jotel.com.pl>
Subject Re: VAT - tax authority
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:37:58 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <jacopo.cappellato@gmail.com>
To: <dev@ofbiz.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 12:27 PM
Subject: Re: VAT - tax authority

> This is an interesting thread.
> I'd suggest, before we start to discuss how to change the data model,  to
> go one step back and properly define all the requirements relevant  for
> VAT tax calculation. I am sure others will be interested in adding  their
> comments.
> As soon as we have defined a list of requirements, we can go on with  data
> model changes.
>
> Here is an example for some requirements:
>
> * the application of a VAT tax rate may depend on the billing address,
> but also on the type of product  and on the from and to parties (add
> details here...)
Algorithm:
if seller is VAT aware seller
        if byuer is from my country take vat% from product category
        if buyer is from EU and is valid VAT company
                    take vat%=0
        if buyer is from WU and is not valid VAT company
                 take vat% from product category ????
        if buyer is form World and is company
                    take vat%=0
        if buyer is from World and is person
                    take vat%=0
 what else ????? I will check it once more tomorrow
> * periodically (usually on a monthly bases) the company have to  provide a
> VAT Tax report: for each Tax Authority, the total VAT tax  collected and
> VAT Tax paid by the company is shown (the difference  between collected
> and paid is what is due to the tax authority; if the  difference is
> negative, the amount will be usually used in the next  VAT Tax report
At least in Poland purchase invoice in some cases can not be included in
VAT report or must be reported in later month. (field taxDate in
invoice would be enough)
VAT tax report in Poland must be grouped by region of sale and type of sale
by so called "registry" (seller/buyer * Poland/EU/World). This is enough
from curernt data.
However some people use more specific grouping (e.g. products/fixed assets)
If it is more common it would be nice to include it too.
> * some countries may require that, prices for B2C sales are shown VAT
> included (from Jacques Le Roux)
In Poland is the same. In product details page it is usually shown also
netto amount (without tax)
as separate price for company users to instant know the price.