ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Crum <adri...@hlmksw.com>
Subject Re: Accounting Average Cost Algorithm
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:35:14 GMT
Daniel,

I understand the point you're trying to make.

An accountant working for a user of OFBiz will want to verify OFBiz's output against manual

calculations. Our accountants do that all the time here where I work. So, if OFBiz is calculating

average cost one way, and the accountant is calculating average cost another way, then there
may be
a discrepency. The accountant is going to question the accuracy of the accounting software.

All I'm suggesting is this: if the subject of this thread is "Accounting Average Cost Algorithm"

and we're really discussing an *algorithm* - then let's use a standard accounting algorithm.
If the
issue is problems that arise when databases round numbers, then that's a different subject.
In that
case we should be discussing "Errors Caused by Rounding In Databases."

-Adrian