ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Crum <adri...@hlmksw.com>
Subject Re: RFC: HTML/CSS Best Practices
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:58:59 GMT
David E. Jones wrote:
> Still, even if that statement was true we want the templates to be as
> easy to customize as possible so that creating a fancy site that  works
> well across browsers is as easy as possible. It is perhaps best  to
> think of this as a chance to collaborate, especially among those  of us
> who do custom ecommerce sites. Actually that might be a little  bit
> silly to say because that is true for all of OFBiz.

I was picturing getting the UI refactoring done in the back office apps first -
where there will be less of a browser compatibility issue. Then we could apply
some of the lessons learned there plus toss in some cross-browser hacks to get
the eCommerce component done. What do you think?

I agree that eCommerce should work well out of the box.