ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ruppert <tim.rupp...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: More on testing
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:00:16 GMT
As many of you know, I have been planning on doing these tests for a
while and have just been swamped.  I promise to get back to them at the
beginning of next week!.  David Welton makes a good point about wanting
to be able to test the non-presentation layer components outside of the
browser - both Webtest and Selenium can help on this - but we should be
able to put some sort of xUnit tests in place to fill in the gaps that
you're seeing.

Al, you are right about the setup on Selenium - it does take a little
bit longer to get one's head around and will probably be a big help with
some of the AJAX components - but in my experience it's been less than
intuitive to get going and using.

Personally, I still think that Webtest should be able to manage most of
the stuff that we need to do as it's ant driven, emulates a browser, and
potentially could deal with AJAX in a clean way - you just won't be
changing pages.  It has a Javascript engine built in, but this is where
I ran into problems a few years ago and unfortunately stopped using it
every day :(

In short, I will pick up this ball again and get some information out to
everyone ASAP.

Cheers,
Tim

--