ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From david reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: OFBiz Graduation
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 12:58:25 GMT
David Welton wrote:
> Hi, with the pending graduation of OFBiz, there is some enthusiasm for
> talking it up.  I've CC'ed the PRC, which is the group in Apache
> responsible for communications/PR sorts of things in order to see if
> they have any advice, since they have a few people who are
> professionals in that field, and volunteer some of their time with
> Apache.
>
> Jacopo correctly notes that the graduation hasn't actually occurred
> yet, but I still think that some amount of noise wouldn't hurt.  PR
> dudes, what do you think: a bit of noise now, more when the top level
> project is created and visible, and more when a release is cut, or
> more of a big-bang approach?
>
> However, I think it would also be a good idea to "manage
> expectations", as they say - OFBiz's code hasn't really changed from
> one day to the next, this is mostly an organizational milestone, so
> I'm not sure I would push the message of "go try OFBiz now".
>
> Perhaps Si's suggestion that simply writing about it on blogs is about
> the right level of "noise" at this point in time.  Another avenue
> might be to talk with the feathercast (http://feathercast.org/) folks,
> who I have CC'ed as well, depending on their schedule.

Sure :-)

We've already have a piece on OfBiz in the can, but maybe a brief update
for this news would be a good addition?

Let us know when you're around and we'll schedule something.

BTW, we're also looking for people to talk to us about "their year"
(highlights/lowligts etc) for an end of year wrap up show - volunteers
welcome to get in touch :-)

--
david

Have you listened to FeatherCast yet?