ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Howe <cjhowe76...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Datawarehouse implementation
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 08:54:10 GMT
In addition, requires updating web.xml and
controller.xml to utilize the current
org.ofbiz.webapp.control.LoginEventListener
instead of the securityext stuff.

After getting the webapp loaded successfully, I was
not able to successfully run a query despite having
the foodmart database installed on a mysql server and
changing the settings to correspond to it. The java
methods used need to implement try/catch statements to
narrow down the problem, otherwise you just get
generic service failure messages.

Oleg,

There are quite a few unlicensed source files in your
repository, are you releasing these under the apache
license as well or are these source files in
collaboration with another project (The debug
statements make reference to mondrian.properties
whereas the file in your distribution is
dwh-mondrian.properties suggesting that at least part
of the java source files - ie QueryTag.java - are
derivative of files from another project - most likely
mondrian and AFAIK thereby not able to be released
under an Apache license)

I would very much like to help make this something
that can eventually be worked in to Apache Ofbiz, but
need to fully understand the licensing limitations so
that I know if a solution needs to actually become a
part of Apache Ofbiz or simply run inside it as a
supplemental work.

Last week I wrote up a simple guide on how to get
openI to run inside ofbiz (at least to use embedded
tomcat), but would very much prefer your solution as
it moves down the milestone path to already utilize
controller.xml, the screen widgets  the login tools,
etc.  I look forward to working on this.