ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Si Chen <sic...@opensourcestrategies.com>
Subject Re: ofbiz in an order fulfillment capacity
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:07:39 GMT
Alex,

We're big fans of Ruby on Rails here and would *love* to see a rails
- OFBiz/opentaps integration.  I think SOAP is the right way to go.
I think you would just modify the services.xml and add an
export="true" and OFBiz would turn it on for you.  I'd love to see
what kind of front end you come up with.

Where I'm a little concerned with your idea is the order part--are
you going to create a whole order entry capability in Rails?  That
could be quite a bit of work.  The OFBiz shopping cart is not a
service but a Java object.  Would you need to access that?  I guess
it'd help to get a little more detail.

A FedEx shipping manager would be great.  We'll try to help out in
our copious spare time.

Si