ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From David E Jones <jone...@undersunconsulting.com>
Subject Re: About creating new GenericValue with ModelEntity
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 00:37:34 GMT

It is possible to use the objects in this way, but not easy, and they
really aren't meant for it. There is a lot more to take care of than
what you mentioned here. To name a couple of them: registering the
new ModelEntity with the GenericDelegator, and of course taking care
of the physical table in the database that corresponds with it...

So, what is it that you are trying to do with this anyway?

Perhaps what you are really looking for is a DynamicViewEntity? You
might want to check out the advanced framework package from Undersun
to explain for of these and how they are applied.

-David