ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: ofbiz in an order fulfillment capacity
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 09:58:52 GMT
I am not the authority on this, just my point of view.
from an ofbiz point of view, it would seem to create a product store for
each new client.  Each client would have their own products.
then create a Facility for warehousing, to receive and ship products.
The Facilities would be the fulfillment House.

Not sure how to associate each client with the fulfillment company,
maybe a fudge in the Internal organization structure. (see demo data)

The orders are then associated with the Product store, Sort of a
glorified Order Entry (in the ordermgr). Instead of being a manual
process, it would be automated.  You could create a Sales Channel that
would be appropriate for this.

Hope that helps.

Alex Caudill sent the following on 8/4/2006 1:49 AM: