ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Howe <cjhowe76...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ofbiz and Ruby on Rails
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 03:30:48 GMT
Judging by the responses I think I misunderstand RoR.
In my newly introduced mind I see RoR being of the
same kind of animal as the OFBiz framework.  In that
mindset it would be a replacement of sorts.

I was trying to weigh whether it would be easier to
expand OFBiz's UI capabilities with AJAX and getting a
consensus on what an OFBiz template should and should
not include (ie OFBiz standards) for modularity sake
and what not or to rewrite OFBiz's busines logic in
RoR.

The majority of the actual usefulness that I saw with
RoR was the way it "consumes" data be it from a local
database or a webservice.

So, my question was more towards what is the ofbiz
framework giving us that Ror can't or doesn't easily.

And what benefits does RoR offer that can/can't be
replicated in OFBiz?

--- David E Jones <jonesde@undersunconsulting.com>