ofbiz-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Howe <cjhowe76...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: couple of order entry questions
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 03:23:47 GMT
I know that it is arbitrary from a functionality point
of view, but would it be more appropriate to make
these flags that keep extending ProductStore entity as
entries in a ProductStoreAttribute entity (which
doesn't currently exist).
My thought on this is that many of these flags are
more application layer settings as opposed to data
layer descriptions of a ProductStore.

Most of the flags are tested (if/else statements) on
their own as opposed as needing the rest of the
product store data.

I would also think that most people don't like their
data model being updated (to keep up with svn) for
functionality that they're probably using a custom
application for anyway.

Is this a better practice than adding fields?

--- David E Jones <jonesde@undersunconsulting.com>