ode-user mailing list archives

From "Ortiz, Angel (GE Capital, Non-GE)" <angel.or...@ge.com>
Subject ODE logs with endless Concurrent Modification exceptions
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:54:45 GMT
Hi everyone,

My ODE application writes endless exception logs. ODE was working fine
for some weeks, but then it started to write endless database constraint
exceptions in the log files. My daily logs reached up to 9 GB in size
each one. This was making our server hard disk to run out of space in a
few days.

I have limited the size of the log files as a temporary fix, but
deleting old log records is not desirable. I'm looking for a permanent
fix.

This is what appears in my ode log files:

08:31:06,908 WARN  [AbstractBatcher] Could not close a JDBC result set

        at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:793)

        at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:828)

        at
org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.closeStatements(AbstractBatcher.java:
314)

        at
org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.afterTransaction(ConnectionManager.
java:297)

        at
org.hibernate.jdbc.JDBCContext.afterTransactionCompletion(JDBCContext.ja
va:221)

        at
org.hibernate.transaction.CacheSynchronization.afterCompletion(CacheSync
hronization.java:85)

        at
com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.resources.arjunacore.SynchronizationImple.af
terCompletion(SynchronizationImple.java:136)

        at
com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TwoPhaseCoordinator.afterCompletion(Tw
oPhaseCoordinator.java:340)

        at
com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TwoPhaseCoordinator.cancel(TwoPhaseCoo
rdinator.java:107)

        at
com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.AtomicAction.cancel(AtomicAction.java:230)

        at
com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TransactionReaper.check(TransactionRea
per.java:202)

        at
com.arjuna.ats.internal.arjuna.coordinator.ReaperThread.run(ReaperThread
.java:107)

08:31:06,909 WARN  [AbstractBatcher] Could not close a JDBC result set

[...]

08:31:06,911 WARN  [AbstractBatcher] Could not close a JDBC result set

        at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:793)

        at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:828)

        at
org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.closeStatements(AbstractBatcher.java:
314)

        at
org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.afterTransaction(ConnectionManager.
java:297)

        at
org.hibernate.jdbc.JDBCContext.afterTransactionCompletion(JDBCContext.ja
va:221)

        at
org.hibernate.transaction.CacheSynchronization.afterCompletion(CacheSync
hronization.java:85)

... [the same warning message is repeated over and over again]

We haven't found the root cause of this issue. Any advice will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Angel Ortiz
Developer