ode-user mailing list archives

From Rafal Rusin <rafal.ru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Large amount of deadlocks occuring when running more then 2 processes simultanously
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:20:13 GMT
Possibly you need to create some additional indexes.
For oracle + hibernate, you can check out those:
http://top.touk.pl/git?p=ode/odeo/.git;a=blob;f=touk/oracle/ode_indexes.sql;h=de532c17c654e6acb7ad405fa259b27a583f5d2f;hb=HEAD

I believe it will be easy to convert them to MSSQL.
There are also some indexes available in archives, so you can try to
search for it.

2009/12/12 Pratik Bhatt <bhatt.pj@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>

> We have deployed Ode v 1.3.3 onto jboss app server 5 with MS SQL Server 2005
> as its persistence store using hibernate.
>

> We are facing a large amount of deadlocks when we run more then a few
> processes simultaneously. From the traces on sql server, it looks like the
> deadlocks are occurring on the table BPEL_PLNK_VAL. From my initial guess,
> it seems like whenever a process is created/deleted it locks the table and
> thus causes every other thread which tries to select from that table to
> deadlock on it.
>

> This is killing the throughput of the system. As the scheduler retries every
> 1 minute, the system can execute atmost one process per minute.
>

> So is there any good way of avoiding the deadlocks by using some settings
> etc.
>

> Also please find below the ode-axis2.properties files.
>

> ode-axis2.threads.pool.size=100
> ode-axis2.db.mode=EXTERNAL
> ode-axis2.db.ext.dataSource=java:ApacheODEDS
> ode.persistence=hibernate
> ode-axis2.tx.factory.class=org.apache.ode.axis2.util.JBossFactory
> ode-axis2.dao.factory=org.apache.ode.daohib.bpel.BpelDAOConnectionFactoryImpl
> hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.SQLServerDialect
> hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto=update
> hibernate.show_sql=false
> hibernate.current_session_context_class=jta
> hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class=org.hibernate.transaction.JBossTransactionManagerLookup
> ode-axis2.process.dehydration.maximum.age=30000000
> ode-axis2.process.dehydration.maximum.count=5000
>

> Thanks in advance for your help.
>

> Regards

Regards,
--