ode-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Coogan" <Jonathan.Coo...@Attachmate.com>
Subject RE: Inline variable initialization in Ode 1.3.2
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 16:24:14 GMT
Hi Bill.  I remember reading that at some point in the past.  I thought
that inline initialization was a new feature in Ode 1.3 but maybe it
wasn't added after all.

The compliance page needs to be updated in either case.  I guess the
question now is whether inline initialization is supposed to work in
1.3.2.

Thanks.
-Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill McCusker [mailto:wmccusker@parasoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 6:22 AM
To: user@ode.apache.org
Subject: Re: Inline variable initialization in Ode 1.3.2

Hi Jonathan,

    An interesting bit was pointed out to me on the specification
compliance page
(http://ode.apache.org/ws-bpel-20-specification-compliance.html). It may
just be old information but under <assign> activity there is a line
stating "Inline assignment as part of the variable declaration isn't
currently supported." I recall that at some point in time it was not
supported but it would be nice to get this clarified: should inline
initialization work?

Bill McCusker

Jonathan Coogan wrote:
> Hi Bill.  Good suggestion.  Even when I echo the inline initialized
> variable back to the response it does not work.  I created a simpler
> example that uses an initialized variable of type string.  When I
> assign to to the response I get an AssignmentFault saying that the
> variable is uninitialized.
>
> ---------- Begin TestInlineInitialization2.wsdl ---------- <?xml
> version="1.0"?> <definitions name="TestInlineInitialization2"
>         targetNamespace="mynamespace"
>         xmlns:tns="mynamespace"
>         xmlns:plnk="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/plnktype"
>         xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"
>         xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
>         >

>     <types>
>         <schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
> elementFormDefault="qualified"
>                 targetNamespace="mynamespace"
>                 xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
>
>             <element name="Input" type="string" />
>             <element name="Output" type="string" />
>         </schema>
>     </types>
>
>     <message name="InputMessage">
>         <part name="payload" element="tns:Input"/>
>     </message>
>     <message name="OutputMessage">
>         <part name="payload" element="tns:Output"/>
>     </message>
>
>     <portType name="ServicePortType">
>         <operation name="process">
>             <input  message="tns:InputMessage" />
>             <output message="tns:OutputMessage"/>
>         </operation>
>     </portType>
>
>     <plnk:partnerLinkType name="ServicePartnerLinkType">
>         <plnk:role name="ServiceProvider"
> portType="tns:ServicePortType"/>
>     </plnk:partnerLinkType>
>
>     <binding name="ServiceBinding" type="tns:ServicePortType">
>       <soap:binding style="document"
> transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />
>       <operation name="process">
>         <soap:operation soapAction="mynamespace/process" />
>         <input>
>           <soap:body use="literal" />
>         </input>
>         <output>
>           <soap:body use="literal" />
>         </output>
>       </operation>
>     </binding>
>
>     <service name="TestInlineInitialization2Service">
>         <port name="TestInlineInitialization2Port"
> binding="tns:ServiceBinding">
>           <soap:address
> location="http://[server]:[port]/processes/TestInlineInitialization2"
/>
>         </port>
>     </service>
> </definitions>
> ---------- End TestInlineInitialization2.wsdl ----------
>

> ---------- Begin TestInlineInitialization2.bpel ---------- <?xml
> version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <bpel:process
> exitOnStandardFault="yes"

expressionLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath2.0"