ode-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Riou <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 -> CXF ?
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 00:28:55 GMT
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Kurt T Stam <kurt.stam@gmail.com> wrote:

> Matthieu Riou wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Kurt T Stam <kurt.stam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I'm an ODE newbie and I'm sorry if this question is already asked, but
>>> how
>>> married is ODE to Axis2. Has anyone ever run it using CXF instead? What
>>> does
>>> that entail?
>>>

>> I know that Ciaran was looking at it at some point but apparently he
>> decided
>> to go with Axis2. The ODE engine is not really tied to Axis2, there's an
>> integration layer (IL) that isolates it from messaging / lifecycle
>> concerns.
>> We already have other ILs for JBI, SCA, ... But implementing your own IL
>> is
>> definitely more than just implementing an interface, it's closer to a
>> small
>> project.
>>
>> A CXF IL would be more than welcome though!
>>

> Do you think it could be make more generic like a WS IL? And you'd be able
> to plug-in any WS stack (Axis2 or CXF)?

You're describing our integration layer, it's basically that: a generic
engine-to-outside set of interfaces. And those interfaces are already fairly
WS oriented (with all its portType and operation goodness). Now an
implementation of those interfaces for Axis2 or CXF would look very
different as you would have to address all the specificities or those 2
frameworks.

But if we had a CXF IL implementation today, you'd be able to plug-in either
Axis2 or CXF fairly easily (not both though, we don't have a cooperative IL
- yet).

Matthieu