ode-user mailing list archives

From "Christian Fonden" <christian.fon...@die-rooter.de>
Subject ODE/Tomcat Setup with java security manager enabled
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 13:08:55 GMT
Hello ODE users list,

I'm new to Apache ODE and Tomcat and just have set up ODE successfully under debian linux.

During the Setup process I encountered the following Exception Stack Trace when trying to
access the ODE Url:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission

accessClassInPackage.org.apache.jasper.compiler)
 org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.processWebDotXml(JspConfig.java:185)
 org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.init(JspConfig.java:198)

Causing an HTTP 500 Error.

When turning off the Tomcat Security settings in the /etc/init.d/tomcat55 startup script
in
# Use the Java security manager? (yes/no)
 TOMCAT5_SECURITY=yes (changed to no later)

everything works fine. The axis2 start page is loading correctly when accessing the ODE url.

As turning off the TOMCAT5_SECURITY setting does not seem to be a very trustworthy solution,
my question is:

How can I get ODE working without turning off that option in the tomcat settings.

greets
Chris