ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Only WebServices support in Ode?
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:12:32 GMT
I'll complement Matthieu's answer.

Ode's native architectural style is web services.  We have integration
layers for Axis2, JBI and SCA.  Each of these provides multiple transport
and binding options, such as SOAP/HTTP, plain XML/HTTP, JMS, POJOs, etc.

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/
http://servicemix.apache.org/components-list.html
http://tuscany.apache.org/

We're also working on adding support for the REST architectural style.  As a
first step we made extensions to WSDL 1.1 to allow consuming a wider range
of RESTful services:
http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html#UserGuide-HTTPBindingExtensionsforRESTfulservices

The medium- to long-term plan is to support REST natively:
http://ode.apache.org/restful-bpel-part-i.html
http://ode.apache.org/restful-bpel-part-ii.html

alex