ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: ODE out of memory problem.
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:59:46 GMT
On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Ophir <bar9001@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
> Im runing ODE under linux. when i have many processes deployed ( around 30
> )
> and the ODE restarts ,
> all the deployed processes are starting to get activated , but after ~20
> processes there is memory heap
> exception.
> I have allocated -Xmx1024m for the ODE server but it still happens after a
> while.
> 1. is this a known issue ? and how is it solved .

I've never seen OOM problems with persistent processes. Even with thousands
of processes.

> 2. i wonder if using a standalone derby db ( not running on same jvm) would
> help it. and if yes
> how do i config the server to run with standalone derby db .

If you ask me, Derby sucks :) So you could go with a MySQL for example. See
"Configuring ODE in Tomcat with a MySQL Database" here:

http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html#UserGuide-InaWebApplication

That being said, the database you're running shouldn't impact the VM that
much, AFAIK even embedded, Derby doesn't leak so that's rather surprising.
It would be interesting to see what the heap looks like.

Cheers,
Matthieu