ode-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Füller <matthias.fuel...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: A question about the examples of ODE?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:51:21 GMT
Ok, I forgot something important:
ODE is a runtime-engine for BPEL-processes. ODE will call other web
services to execute its process definition.
To start and controll the workflow of these processes, you define
further web services in the process-description (BPEL/WSDL).
These web services will be provided by ODE and passed to the BPEL-process.

So ODE can provide web services. But these services can only execute
"BPEL code" - not java code.

youhaodeyi schrieb:
> So, how does the examples work if ODE is not a Web Service framework? After I
> deploy the examples to ODE, I can send SOAP message to the Service by
> sendsoap.bat under the bin directory without running other web-services.
> Matthias Füller wrote:
>> ODE is not a framework for developing new ws-services. ODE is a runtime
>> engine for BPEL-processes.
>> So you can describe processes (in BPEL) and execute this in ODE.
>> ODE will call other web-services and handle message data manipulation.
>> But the activities of the processes will be implemented by other web
>> services.
>> I think you are looking for frameworks like Apache CXF
>> (http://cxf.apache.org/) or Apache Axis2 (http://ws.apache.org/axis2/)
>> Regards
>> Matthias
>> youhaodeyi schrieb:
>>> I am new to ODE. The HelloWorld2 example released with ODE can be
>>> deployed
>>> into Tomcat. But there is no java source code in this example. Which
>>> class
>>> will implemente the Web Service defined in the WSDL file? Who will do the
>>> real job?
>>> Thanks.

View raw message