ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Change endpoint after deployment?
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:09:02 GMT
On Nov 13, 2007 11:39 AM, Rich Taylor <bhamtaylor@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was thinking programmatically via the Management API, not so much
> from the BPEL itself.   Sounds like it's not in there now but isn't
> too far fetched of an idea to implement.  The use case I had
> envisioned is in a deployment where someone has one or more processes
> pointing to a service, and the service changes its published port or
> endpoint URL in some other way, they would have to reploy all of their
> processes.   It sounds like if that is a concern then the BPEL should
> obtain endpoint values from some sort of registry before invoking
> them. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this last part, and either
> way, thanks for the reply.

Nothing wrong, it's a completely valid use case. Actually I thought I had
implemented methods in the management API to do this before but I've either
been dreaming or it got lost at some point. For these endpoints there's no
real need of a registry as we have values on a per process and per instance
basis, the value for an instance overrides the one on a process.

So if you simply change the endpoint on a process definition in the database
it should do what you're looking for I think.

Cheers,
Matthieu

P.S. I've sent you a few e-mails directly, did you get them?