ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Release [was: Re: Congrats to Milinda]
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 23:30:24 GMT
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Tammo van Lessen <tvanlessen@gmail.com>wrote:

> there are still a few minor issues with the console, so I'd like to wait
> until they are fixed. I'll open jiras for them tomorrow.

Agreed.

> Regarding the releases: Do we have a roadmap how to proceed with the 1.x
> branch? If not, what about creating one which indicates what releases we
> plan for each branch and which feature we want to include targeting
> which release. This document should not be carved in stone but rather
> guideline, just to see what is a development branch and what is a
> maintenance branch. At least for me this distinction got a bit blurred
> with trunk and 1.x.

The way I see it, 1.x is almost in maintenance mode.   It still gets new
features but only those that do no impact stability and that are easily
ported to trunk.   Trunk was our playground for radically new features but
would now transition towards becoming stable.

I agree. I think there are a lot of new features in trunk that need some
> beta testing. Once it's been stabilized, the support for 1.x binary
> models has turned out to be reliably working, we can probably shut down
> the 1.x branch, right?

Yes, I think development on 1.x would essentially stop.  Only critical
bug-fixes would be applied for the benefit of those running 1.x for
production.

alex