ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: ODE 1.2 Release Candidate 1
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 14:35:46 GMT
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 3:09 AM, Nowakowski, Mateusz <
Mateusz.Nowakowski@sabre-holdings.com> wrote:

> I have some questions regarding new version:
> - Do you expect any performance improvement?

Depends a bit of how you're using ODE. For example if you're using the
OpenJPA persistence you should see some performance improvement. For the
processes in memory, it should be roughly equivalent.

> - Is this version would support ExtensionActivity? I cannot find any
> documentation for it.

No, as I mentioned we're still releasing the stable branch and not the trunk
yet (unfortunately). We're hoping to be able to release the trunk
soon(backward compatibility issues) and that should include extensions.

> - Does external variables would support other than database data source?
> Is this possible to provide own data source for external variables? Is
> this possible to correlate this data source with input(s) messages? My
> first idea is to use request JBI NormalizedMessage properties as data
> source...

Theoretically yes, the backend implementation is pluggable. But I don't
think it's configurable ATM. And correlating with input messages would be
really head I think...

> - I didn't notice any other than these two big improvements. What are
> other functional improvements?

Another big one is the HTTP binding for WSDL which allows the invocation of
some RESTful web services. And then there are all the small bug fixes that I
hope will, overall, provide a much improved experience.

Cheers,
Matthieu