ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: ODE 1.2 Release Candidate 1
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 16:19:46 GMT
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 3:09 AM, Nowakowski, Mateusz <
Mateusz.Nowakowski@sabre-holdings.com> wrote:

> - Does external variables would support other than database data source?
> Is this possible to provide own data source for external variables? Is
> this possible to correlate this data source with input(s) messages? My
> first idea is to use request JBI NormalizedMessage properties as data
> source...

1st part of the question:  Will external variables support other types of
datasources beside JDBC?  Yes, the mechanism is abstract enough to support
other datasources.  We plan on adding REST resources in the future as
another type of external variable.

Regarding JBI NormalizedMessage properies, we've been working on a spec
proposal for "context" that could hold this kind of information in the
process data and carry it between the process and the integration layer
(Axis2/JBI/SCA/...).  We'll publish something on the wiki very soon to
kickstart the discussion.  This being said, the best practice for data that
needs to be accessed and manipulated within business processes is still to
place this information in the message payload, not in message headers or
properties.

alex