ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: BpelEvent.eventContext deprecated and is null for some events
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:35:02 GMT
On Dec 13, 2007 6:38 AM, Nowakowski, Mateusz <
Mateusz.Nowakowski@sabre-holdings.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I noticed that EventContext class is not considered deprecated. It means
> it would be removed in later version of ODE.
>
> I read in previous emails that the reason is that eventContext cannot
> provide variables which are persistent.
>
> But we are using only in-memory process and we need access to variables
> to make somehow correlate BPEL events/logs with underlying JBI message
> exchange. Maybe is good decision to do not deprecate EventContext, but
> do not pass it when process is persistent, or change EventContext class
> name.

Which type of information are you looking for that would be in the context
and not on the variable? Now the new variable value is supposed to be set on
the event itself if you need it.

------------

> The second thing I noticed is that BpelEvent.eventContext is null for
> such bpel events:
> ProcessInstanceStartedEvent, ProcessInstanceStateChangeEvent,
> VariableReadEvent, ProcessMessageExchangeEvent, ProcessCompletionEvent
>
> I understand that for example ProcessInstanceStartedEvent there is no
> variables set, but for ProcessMessageExchangeEvent and
> ProcessCompletionEvent should be available.

The initial goal of the event context was to give you visibility on variable
modifications within a given scope. Those events aren't associated to
variables so there's nothing much the context can provide you. What would
you use the event context for with these events?

Thanks,
Matthieu