ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Next Release
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:28:52 GMT
On Dec 5, 2007 7:09 AM, Tammo van Lessen <tvanlessen@gmail.com> wrote:

> I see, ok. Then I got it wrong in your last mail. Sorry. E4X assigns and
> extension activities are not (yet) back ported to the 1.1 branch. It
> would be okay for me to put into the next release train but I think it's
> not that hard to port it back to 1.2. What do you guys think?
> (especially regarding the change in the OAssign and some other OClasses
> - users would need to compile their processes again)

Yeah, I'd love to get these features out ASAP but they also break backward
compatibility of the compiled process and for a lot of people with running
instances that's a problem. I think we should have a fairly
conservative 1.2and then introduce all these changes in
2.0 once we'll have a way to support compiled processes migration. Hopefully
that should come quickly, I thinks this release has already been far too
long to come. I don't feel like delaying much more 1.2 as we have a lot of
fixes in the 1.1 branch that are pretty useful. Sounds good?

Matthieu