ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JbiConstants.SENDER_ENDPOINT property not set on MEX
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:06:41 GMT
On Dec 17, 2007 3:50 PM, Alex Boisvert <boisvert@intalio.com> wrote:

> I think it's different than the correlationId case, which is meant to
> track
> the end-to-end processing of a given request.

Yeah.  The purpose is really different, but I meant the problem is related
to the fact that BPEL often have multiple provider endpoints so that they
receive exchanges from different consumers.

> In this case, I was thinking about sending the partnerLink's myRole
> endpoint
> (if any).   My only issue is the encoding of the endpoint as a String.
>  I'm
> not sure how ServiceMix treats the String.
>
> What do you think?

This information is used to be able to draw some diagrams (as in
http://servicemix.apache.org/visualisation.html) or such tasks related to
the flow of information inside ServiceMix.   If the value sent is not the
same as the one that receives the JBI exchange, the whole flow won't be
viewed.  The information can still be used by a router of something like
that, so there is still some value in it.

Jan, can you comment on your exact need ?  What would you use this value for
?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet