ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Nowakowski, Mateusz" <Mateusz.Nowakow...@sabre-holdings.com>
Subject BpelEvent.eventContext deprecated and is null for some events
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:38:01 GMT
Hi all

I noticed that EventContext class is not considered deprecated. It means
it would be removed in later version of ODE.

I read in previous emails that the reason is that eventContext cannot
provide variables which are persistent.

But we are using only in-memory process and we need access to variables
to make somehow correlate BPEL events/logs with underlying JBI message
exchange. Maybe is good decision to do not deprecate EventContext, but
do not pass it when process is persistent, or change EventContext class
name.

------------

The second thing I noticed is that BpelEvent.eventContext is null for
such bpel events:
ProcessInstanceStartedEvent, ProcessInstanceStateChangeEvent,
VariableReadEvent, ProcessMessageExchangeEvent, ProcessCompletionEvent

I understand that for example ProcessInstanceStartedEvent there is no
variables set, but for ProcessMessageExchangeEvent and
ProcessCompletionEvent should be available.

--
Regards
Mateusz Nowakowski