ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Next Release
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:29:34 GMT
On 12/5/07, Tammo van Lessen <tvanlessen@gmail.com> wrote:

> I see, ok. Then I got it wrong in your last mail. Sorry. E4X assigns and
> extension activities are not (yet) back ported to the 1.1 branch. It
> would be okay for me to put into the next release train but I think it's
> not that hard to port it back to 1.2. What do you guys think?
> (especially regarding the change in the OAssign and some other OClasses
> - users would need to compile their processes again)

I think it's fine to wait for the next release.   The same is happening to
the external variables feature; we were hoping it would make it into 1.2 in
final form but we're still making semantic changes so it's not yet ready.
So it will be for the next train and also push us to do releases more
frequently.   As a suggestion, we could plan for a 1.3 release late January.

As for the trunk, Maciej has started working on the concurrent O-model
versioning scheme that we proposed last month.  Once that's done, we'll be
in position to release it as 2.0.   I'd expect we could start doing release
candidates for 2.0 in February/March.

alex