ode-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Brown <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Easy BPEL aka BPEL4Coders aka BPEL4Hackers
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 22:41:50 GMT

On Dec 3, 2007, at 10:18 AM, Matthieu Riou wrote:
> I question whether we need partnerLink declarations at all. The
> first time
> you use one in an invoke, you get a partnerRole, the first time you
> use one
> in a receive, you get a myRole. Binding to a port, portType,
> interface or
> whatever is out of SimPEL and more a deployment thing. What do you
> think?

The only reasons I can think to retain the declaration (rather than
having it be lazy) would be that (1) it's easier for a human to find
the token and (2) it's easier to ensure that you're using the same
token in all cases where you think you are.  (The compiler/parser/
translator can just make two passes...)

-- Paul