ode-dev mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Partner Links in simBPEL
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:15:18 GMT
Matthieu Riou wrote:
> For the particular case of partnerLinkTypes, they don't need to be in
> the SimPEL document but could be extracted from deployment
> information that associates partner links with an endpoint or a
> portType. So you would have something like SimPEL+deploy <-> BPEL. I
> think it's not an unreasonable requirement and saves us the pain of
> explain why we have an unnecessary abstraction sitting there for no
> real purpose.

I think the deployment descriptor is not necessarily the proper place as
it should IMHO contain only deployment, i.e. EPR related, details. The
tuple (BPEL/simBPEL, WSDL) should be somehow self-contained. In our
understanding a partnerLink defined the contract between two parties, so
this information also belongs the definition of a process. When moving
this contract binding into deployment descriptors, you could bind
partner interfaces to service implementations that do not follow the
contract as intended by the modeller. Therefore its important to
reference the portType to be used. So it can be put to partnerLink
definitions or referenced directly together with the operation. Our
preference is still to stick close to the BPEL spec, so we would opt for
 the partnerlink definition.

Cheers,
  Tammo, Olly