ode-dev mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject JBI and ODE extensions
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 15:36:24 GMT
Hi,

I recently started to write some documentation about extension
activities etc. In doing so I figured that deploying/registering
extension bundles is not that easy, especially when using the JBI
variant of Ode.

For the WAR deployment, I think its ok to expect that users are able to
add a jar to WEB-INF/lib and tweak the ode-axis2.properties file. But
the JBI deployment is in general more sophisticated.

Do you guys have an idea how to simplify this process? Would it e.g.
violate the JBI idea to make Ode to understand 2 types of service units
- normal bpel packages and also extension bundles (classes + descriptor
for registration). If not, I think this would be a sound solution.

Best,
  Tammo