ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Brown" <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BPEL Simple
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:42:00 GMT
On 9/21/07, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:
> Yes adding RNC is not difficult but its not trivial to "data bind" RNC. Or
> that's what James (Clark) keeps telling me .. I haven't argued the details
> out with him; but will one of these days.

I think that we can take the perspective that the definition in the
WSDL should be for constraint purposes, i.e., any downstream client of
the XML can assume that it meets those requirements.  Something like
an XML schema associated to the same document might be used as
annotations for binding to a local data structure, but that kind of
thing is (IMHO) best if done as lazily as possible, i.e., only when
necessary and by whom it is desired.  ODE for example, just marshalls
text around, converting to other structures as necessary to apply
XPaths or other.  It would be nice if the XML Schema for databinding
was an annotation on an endpoint rather than inherited from the
constraint expressed in the WSDL.  (This then avoids lots of silliness
with subclasses, extension elements, local dialects, etc., by putting
the onus on the end consumer rather than the intermediary.)

Just thinking out loud.

--
paulrbrown@gmail.com
http://mult.ifario.us/