nutch-user mailing list archives

From lewis john mcgibbney <lewi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Injection from webservice
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2019 21:57:46 GMT
Hi Folks,
I've implemented what Dave suggested... it is clean and easy but it maybe
not quite as ad-hoc-capable as one would always want. For my use cases it
was acceptable.
More responses inline

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 2:47 PM <user-digest-help@nutch.apache.org> wrote:

> From: Jorge Betancourt <betancourt.jorge@gmail.com>
> To: user@nutch.apache.org
> Bcc:

[snip]

> My main concern is if we want to put this additional complexity in Nutch.
> It is really valuable to all of our users to have HTTP/DB/custom injectors
> available out of the box in a pluggable way?
>
> I would love to hear what other people have to say.
>
> In all honesty, I would like to see as much of the REST logic and WebUI
extracted out of the core codebase as possible. I feel like we should have
done it this way around initially but didn't.
Considering 'separation of concerns' for Nutch is important and Jorge, your
spot on with your reservations.

Lewis