nutch-user mailing list archives

From Andy Xue <>
Subject Re: Run Nutch Crawl in Eclipse
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:03:05 GMT
Thanks for the heads up, and sorry for spamming the dev channel.

Thanks for the reply.
However as far as I know, I don't have to set solrUrl unless I want to
index using solr.

The thing here is: Using the same configuration, I can run manually using
the crawl script at" $NUTCH_HOME/runtime/local/bin/nutch", but it doesn't
work if I try to run the Crawl class inside Eclipse. Do you reckon that the
exception is related to solrUrl?
solrUrl is not set, indexing will be skipped...
Exception in thread "main" Job failed!
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(
 at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Injector.inject(
at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl.main(

None of you had the problem before? Did you all follow the
"RunNutchInEclipse" tutorial and it just worked?

Appreciate it.