nutch-user mailing list archives

From John Whelan <j...@whelanlabs.com>
Subject Posting to a secured Solr?
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 06:21:34 GMT
All,

I have secured the Solr update URL on Jetty using BASIC security. Is there a
way to pass the ID/password from Nutch 1.3 crawling via a 'nutch crawl urls/
-dir output -solr http://localhost/solr -depth 3' command*?

Barring that are there any best practices in security the update/delete
functions in Solr in a way that is Nutch-compatible other than firewalls?

(I have been looking at IP-level security for Jetty for specific URL
patterns, but it doesn't seem clear that it is do-able. Should I look to
abandon Jetty in favor of an Apache Server or a Resin servlet container?)

Thanks,
John

* As a stretch, I did try appending j_username and j_password to the base
URl, but received the response I expected. Further looking at the underlying
Nutch Java source didn't give me more ideas in this approach, but I might
have missed something.

-----
Regards,
John