nutch-user mailing list archives

From ML mail <mlnos...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to deal with websites without title
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:59:06 GMT
Hi,

I am using Nutch 1.3 with Solr 3.4 (using nutch schema.xml) in order to crawl a few websites
and create a search engine for these websites.

I noticed that some web pages don't have the TITLE HTML element and as end effect in Solr
there are no nice title to display in the search results...

Now I was wondering how you guys out there deal with this case? Do you just display something
like "no title" in your search results or is there maybe a more elegant way to deal with this
case?

Regards,
ML