nutch-user mailing list archives

From Roberto <rmez...@infinito.it>
Subject Re: Newbie: No search result
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 14:59:09 GMT
Thank you very much Lewis! It seems ok now...

The property "searcher.dir" was not set at all (The tutorial do not
mention it...).
I edited  /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/nutch/WEB-INF/classes/nutch-site.xml
this way:

<configuration>

<property>
<name>searcher.dir </name>
<value>file:/var/apache-nutch-1.1-bin/crawl.test/</value>
</property>

</configuration>

the "file:" prefix was necessary, otherwise Tomcat adds
"/var/lib/tomcat6" at the beginning of the path....

Now nutch web search works, but just for one of two sites configured....
moreover I have to distinguish searches of each of two sites for each of
two languages configured for each site (italian and english). I will try
to discover how to do independent searches (by site and by language)....
If you have some link I'll appreciate a lot...
Thank you again,
Roberto