nutch-user mailing list archives

From Alex McLintock <alex.mclint...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plug-in for complete user control
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 12:50:09 GMT
On 10 August 2010 12:55, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@gmail.com> wrote:
> I assume the plugin API is properly documented, I haven't yet looked.
> I was waiting for some direction before I went in any one way first.

Well this is a bit of a leading question. There is some javadoc, and
you can find a fair amount on the wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/AboutPlugins

But is it "proper" documentation? If I had bought this software then I
would want more than the existing examples. You do have to delve into
the code to understand how to use it. But this is OSS.

> Are there any recommended instructions at least for setting up a dev
> environment with one of the popular free Java IDEs?

http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/RunNutchInEclipse

But nothing for NetBeans. Not sure what other free IDEs exist. Usually
I am an emacs man  :-)

Alex