nutch-user mailing list archives

From Max S <>
Subject Customise scoring
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 20:33:23 GMT
Hi all,

I'm have installed / imported a XML and EXIF parser plugin into Nutch to
parse xml files and EXIF metadata from JPG images.

The idea would be to:
1. Fetch and extract data and links from XML file
	NB: The XML file contains Geo coordinates (latitude and longitude),
title and image links.
2. Fetch image and extract EXIF metadata
3. Store the extracted data from both parser in Index.

I would like to customise search so the results is ordered by the following
1. Proximity to location
2. Keywords from EXIF Metadata
3. Kewords from XML title

>From what I can see at the moment, I will need to
1. Set a higher score to the fields according to the priority above
2. Repurpose the algorithm within GeoPosition plugin
3. Update ScoringFilter logic to include Geo Position algorithm?

The question here is, is the last item correct? Or are there any other
Where should I start looking? Appreciate any suggestions.

Max S

View raw message