nutch-user mailing list archives

From "Lukas, Ray" <Ray.Lu...@idearc.com>
Subject RE: Example in Java Please
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:15:10 GMT
There is a really good article at
http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2006/01/10/introduction-to-nutch-1.htm
Written a while back by Tom White, while older (not Tom, the article),
it is a very good description of Nutch for a beginner. Worth looking at
and reading if, like me, you are new to Nutch. Thought I would post that
for other newbies.
ray

-----Original Message-----
From: Lukas, Ray [mailto:Ray.Lukas@idearc.com]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 9:02 AM
To: nutch-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Example in Java Please

If you could, please. I am, as you probably are, or have been in the
recent past, short on time for my project. I need something very simple.
An example that goes to a single URL, parses the pages under it, gathers
up all the words (terms) and returns me a Lucene index of them so that I
can then say "do any of the words I am thinking (terms from my Oracle
database) appear in this index and how many times do they appear". That
is it, very simple. I would like to use Nutch.
I am going through the Nutch source code examples which require someone
to understand Hadoop. I would love to, if I had the time, which I do
not. So can someone post or point me to an example.
Sorry to bother you, but time is a problem, I hope that you understand,
thanks