nutch-user mailing list archives

From "Lukas, Ray" <Ray.Lu...@idearc.com>
Subject Example in Java Please
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:01:37 GMT
If you could, please. I am, as you probably are, or have been in the
recent past, short on time for my project. I need something very simple.
An example that goes to a single URL, parses the pages under it, gathers
up all the words (terms) and returns me a Lucene index of them so that I
can then say "do any of the words I am thinking (terms from my Oracle
database) appear in this index and how many times do they appear". That
is it, very simple. I would like to use Nutch.
I am going through the Nutch source code examples which require someone
to understand Hadoop. I would love to, if I had the time, which I do
not. So can someone post or point me to an example.
Sorry to bother you, but time is a problem, I hope that you understand,
thanks