nutch-user mailing list archives

From "Gene Campbell" <g...@picante.co.nz>
Subject Re: Please reply
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 03:34:52 GMT
LOL, I'm new to nutch/lucene.  In my first message, I thanked people
for the hard work on what looks like I really interesting search
product.  Perhaps you didn't see that one.

I have spent about 12 hours trying to build and understand how best to
use this product.  I've seen your wiki, faq and used google.  I have
now gotten the source of Nutch, Lucene and Hadoop, so I can step
through and answer questions myself.   I've ordered your book and will
stop troubling you with questions.

I would have expected more of a Welcom to Nutch, thanks for using our
product type attitude.  Instead of a you ask bad questions, stop
bothering us type attitude.

On 5/1/08, ogjunk-nutch@yahoo.com <ogjunk-nutch@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Your messages are getting through.
> You should be seeing them if you are subscribed to the list.
> Give people time to answer.
> Ask good questions.  Your questions sound like you have not done any research, and people
typically don't like answering such questions.

--
Picante Solutions Limited
e: gene@picante.co.nz