nutch-user mailing list archives

From "Chetan Sahasrabudhe" <Chet...@KPITCummins.com>
Subject updated index on search page
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 15:48:49 GMT
Hello,

    Through background processing a batch job is updating nutch index.
When the user is searching for pages, the position of the link need to change as per the changes
updated in nutch index.

When I restart my tomcat instance the changes are immd. visible, but when the tomcat is running,
changes are not reflected in search results.

I tried changing,

<property>
  <name>searcher.filter.cache.size</name>
  <value>16</value>
  <description>
  Maximum number of filters to cache.  Filters can accelerate certain
  field-based queries, like language, document format, etc.  Each
  filter requires one bit of RAM per page.  So, with a 10 million page
  index, a cache size of 16 consumes two bytes per page, or 20MB.
  </description>
</property>

value 16 is changed to 0 hoping that nutch web app will not take the filters from cache but
will fire query to index.
is there any possiblity of solving this problem ?

Regards
Chetan
_______________________________

Tel +91-20-5652 5000 ext 2513

KPITCummins Infosystems Limited
Hinjwadi
Pune INDIA

This message contains the information that may be privileged and is  the property of the KPIT
Cummins Infosystems LTD.It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you
are not intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print , retain copy, disseminate,
please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. KPIT Cummins does
not accept any liability for virus infected mails.