nutch-user mailing list archives

From Vincent <vinc...@xaymaca.com>
Subject 2 questions
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 16:06:48 GMT
I am finally getting my feet wet and building some nice searches.
On the tail end of a big webapp project so I have not had the time
to look into the source of the nutch tools, so excuse the first
question.

1. Can searches be done from non servlet based web servers (ie Apache
httpd) by posting the search query to a servlet container (tomcat,jetty,
yourFavoriteWebContainer ...etc) either by direct POST or proxy?

2. How does one contribute to the project? One thing I would like to
help change (for starters) is the refactoring the webapp to no longer
depend on the where it is launched from in order to find the needed
index/segment stuff.
Thanks,
Vincent
--
Plato is my friend, Aristotle is my friend,
but my greatest friend is truth.